1- THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
THE INFORMATION YOU SUPPLY
We collect or ask for your personal information when you:
- Contact us by e-mail via the contact form of our website;
- Subscribe to our newsletter on the corresponding page.
The type of personal information we request will in general be obvious for you at the time you supply it, and it includes:
- Your surname and first name;
- Your e-mail address.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
In addition to the personal information you supply us, we turn to third party web analysis services that can collect information like your IP address, the type of appliance you use, the ID of your appliance and certain technical information via cookies and other similar monitoring technologies. In some countries, including those of the European Economic Area, some information may be considered as personal data in virtue of governing laws relating to data protection.
Collecting information allows us to better understand the visitors who visit our website, where they come from and what content of our website interests them. We use this information for the purposes of internal analysis and to improve the quality and relevance of our website for visitors. Some of this information may be collected by using cookies and similar monitoring technologies.
What is a “cookie”?
A “Cookie” or tracer is an electronic file placed on a terminal (computer, tablet smartphone,…) and read for example during the consultation of a website, the reading of an e-mail, the installation or use of software or a mobile application and this whatever the type of terminal used (https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-traceurs-que-dit-la-loi)
By browsing on our website, “cookies” coming from our company and/or third party companies may be placed on your terminal.
On first browsing this website, an explanatory banner on the use of “cookies” will appear. Henceforth, by continuing to browse, the user will be reputed to have been informed and have accepted the use of “cookies”. The consent given will be valid for a period of thirteen months.
All information collected will only be used to monitor the volume, type and configuration of the traffic, to develop the design and layout of this and more generally to improve the service we offer you.
2- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described herein or for the same compatible purposes or for the purposes we have explained to you at the time of collecting your personal data.
In particular, we use your information to:
- Supply the products, services or solutions you ask for, respect the conditions of our agreements with you and manage our commercial relations;
- Send important notifications on the subject of our terms and conditions and policies;
- Exercise our activities, assess and improve our company (notably optimise and improve our services);
- Exercise accounting, audit, comparison and invoice collection functions as well as other internal commercial functions;
- Inform you of future events, updates, news and the latest products, services and solutions as well as offers in accordance with your communication preferences;
- Operate and manage our website.
We can also use your information in a combined form that does not allow the identification of individual clients in order to assess and improve our offers.
3- LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
For the European Economic Area, our legal framework for the collection and use of personal data described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific purposes for which we collect and ask for it.
However, we collect personal information from you only when:
- We have asked for your consent;
- We need your personal information to supply a service or perform a contract or agreement concluded with you; or
- When the processing is in our legitimate interest and it is not replaced by your interests regarding data protection or by your fundamental rights and liberties.
In some cases, it may be that we are bound by law to collect personal information from you or that we have other needs of your personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have any questions or need information about the legal framework we rely on to collect and use your personal information, please contact us by using the contact details supplied in the section “Changes and contact” below.
4- THE INFORMATION WE SHARE
It may be that we disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipient:
- Companies of our group, our third party service providers and our partners that supply us with data processing services or that process by other means personal information for the purposes described herein or that are notified to you when we collect your personal information. Our partners include repair or installation service providers, resellers or distributors, contractual manufacturers and product suppliers.
- any competent organisation responsible for applying the law, any governmental, regulatory agency, any court or other third parties to which we think it is necessary to disclose personal information in virtue of the laws or regulations in force, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of another person;
- any other person to whom you have authorised us to disclose information.
5- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take data protection and privacy seriously. We maintain organisational, technical and physical protection systems in place in view of protecting personal information against accidental, illegal or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access or disclosure. Being given that the submission of information on the Internet is never entirely safe, we cannot guarantee the safety of the information you submit to us via the Internet, and such submissions of information are made at your own risk.
6- DATA RETENTION
We keep the personal data we collect from you when we have ongoing legitimate commercial need of it (for example to supply you with a service or solution or to comply with legal, fiscal and accounting obligations).
When we have no legitimate commercial need to process your personal data, we will delete it or we will anonymise it or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information is stored in backup archives), then we will store your personal information in a secure way and we will isolate it from any other processing until it is possible to delete it.
7- YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
Insofar as provided by the governing law in your jurisdiction, you have the right to:
- access certain personal information that we maintain about you and obtain a copy of this information;
- update or correct the inaccuracy of this information;
- contest the use we make of your personal information;
- block or delete your personal information from our database;
- contest the processing of your personal information;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or
- ask for the transferability of your personal information.
You also have the right to refuse to receive marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the unsubscribe links in your marketing e-mails we send you.
In the same way, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legality of any processing we have carried out before your withdrawal, and will not affect the processing of your personal information made on a legal basis other than the consent either.
You have the right to file a complaint with the CNIL against the collection and use we make of your personal information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us and we will take into account your request in accordance with the laws on data protection in force. In order to protect your privacy and maintain security, we can take measures to check your identity before granting you access to the information.
8- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or confidentiality practices used by other websites.
9- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred and processed in countries other than your country of residence. These countries may have laws on data protection different from the laws of your country (and in some cases, may not be as protective).
More specifically, we use Google Analytics on our website that is a tool made available by the American company Google. This means that when we collect your personal information, we can process it outside of the European Union.
However, we have taken appropriate precautions to demand that your personal information remains protected in accordance with this Confidentiality notice. When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we rely on:
- adequacy decisions of the European commission, which recognise that countries outside of the EEA listed here have national laws that protect personal information according to substantially similar standards demanded by the law of the European Union;
- Standard contractual clauses of the European commission that demand that recipients outside of the EEA of personal information continue to protect the personal information they receive according to the standards demanded by the law of the European Union.
10- CHANGES AND CONTACTS
We may update this Confidentiality policy in response to legal, technical or commercial developments. When we update our Confidentiality policy, we will take the appropriate measures to inform you of this, depending on the importance of the changes we make.
You can see the date on which this Confidentiality policy was updated for the last time by checking the date of the last update indicated at the top of this Confidentiality policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Confidentiality policy, please contact us by using the following contact details:
A.E.A.D.T. – Grand Bal de l’Europe
13 Route de Trévol – Les Gauthiers
Tél. +33 (0)4 70 42 14 42